Electronic and mechanical engineering services providing design from concept through to production
Fixturing and prototype/low volume manufacturing, specializing in stainless steel fabrications
Diesel exhaust emissions and thermal cycling utilizing exhaust generators instead of diesel engines
ColeTech has a team of engineers that specialize in problem solving and solution implementation. Over the past 13 years, the company has evolved from a machine shop that offered engineering support into a full service engineering facility capable of conceptual through to production designs.
Our team is some of the nicest and brightest minds you’ll come across.
A typical project with ColeTech starts with the customer describing the problem they need to overcome. ColeTech works with you to brainstorm several concepts, and together we narrow ideas down to one or two concepts for further investigation. Concept designs are then detailed enough for design review to select the most promising for prototyping and further development and evaluation. We provide service from initial concept through to product realization.
- Mechanical Engineering: Experienced mechanical engineers with ProEngineering CAD capability
- Controls Engineering & System Integration: Experience and capability with both hardware and software controls
- Design and product specification support for new product introduction
- Project-based engineering services including concept, design, engineering, procurement, prototype, development, and project management
- Extensive experience in the design and installation of diesel engine fuel, air handling and aftertreatment systems
ColeTech has developed a test rig specifically designed for diesel exhaust after treatment testing. The system generates exhaust flow, temperatures and other exhaust characteristics independent of each other without an engine or engine test cell. This allows control over test conditions specific to the development needs.
- Catalysts (individual or system) Degreening: Individual catalysts or full catalyst systems can be degreened using a diesel exhaust generator at a third of the cost to degreen a catalyst/system behind a running engine in a test cell or in a vehicle.
- Catalyst Hydrothermal Aging: Catalysts can be hydrothermally aged in an oven up to 825 C with controlled humidity levels for extended periods. The customer provides hydrothermal temperatures, time, and humidity requirements.
- Testing of Catalysts
- Thermal cycling of exhaust (or other) components
Prototype and Low Volume Manufacturing
ColeTech is capable of helping you create and manufacture your prototype parts from design through to production. With experienced designers and fabricators on site, parts can be conceptualized, designed, created, and tested in one place.
ColeTech provides solutions. Customers typically bring us a problem statement or a rough concept sketch. We work closely with our customers to clearly define the problem, then develop possible solutions for review. Once the best solution is identified, we bring that solution to life.
- Waterjet cutting
- Capable of handling sheets up to 5×10 feet and up to 3 inches thick
- Manual one-off prototypes and CNC low volume runs
- Welders with 20+ years experience specializing in stainless steel and aluminum
- Wenzel Direct Computer Controlled (DCC) Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM). This large (0.8m x 1.0m x 0.7m) CMM is certified to ISO 10360-2 and capable of measurement uncertainties as small as 2.7µm.